Come join the Official Roofing Contractor of the Tennessee Titans. We are currently seeking to hire an Estimator for Commercial Reroofing. Our 6 core values are Accountable, Hungry, Humble, Customer-Focused, Innovative, and Smart. These are the bloodline of Rackley Roofing Companies. If you share the values, you belong in our Company. We hire based on our values, regardless of experience. This is just one of the many reasons we are different from most roofing companies. We understand as a company that if you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach. If you want to be part of something special and don’t have experience, Rackley understands that everyone has to start somewhere. If you share our core values, make the smart choice to join our great group of people at Rackley Roofing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Estimate Preparation (Reroof) – Collect pertinent job information from on-site visits including but not limited to roof measurements, roof core information and overall roof condition, material staging, hoisting equipment setup, utilizing the RRCI standardized method.
- Estimate Preparation (New Construction) – Review provided plans and specifications for clarity and intent.
- Estimate Preparation (Common) – Compose and submit RFI’s (Request for Information) to designer/consultant/owner for clarifications on project specific information that is unclear at time of bid.
- Estimate Preparation (Common) – Work closely with material and equipment vendors to obtain competitive pricing on purchased goods and rental equipment.
- Actively review project variables in order to find the most competitive and customer centered roof system assembly.
- Prepare estimates utilizing The EDGE estimating software.
- Review estimate and supporting documentation with estimating department manager or senior estimator.
- Prepare project specific proposal outlining such items as anticipated or predetermined staging and hoisting locations as well as roof installation details and general construction procedures.
- Accompany assigned business development associate to proposal delivery.
- Actively make follow up calls on outstanding/delivered proposals when no business development associate is assigned to project.
- Once projects are obtained, complete the Project Information Packet (P.I.P.) and conduct handoff with assigned project manager.
- Attend preconstruction meeting with operations department.
- Assist in pricing change orders and other project specific tasks to help maximize project profitability.
- Participate in continuing education, trade shows, seminars, publications to keep up with industry standards
- Monitor bid calendar on Dataforma daily to allow attention to upcoming schedule, and practice minimum 2 week look ahead
- Facilitate communications between various depts. engaged in completing work
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, govt requirements, etc.
- Photocopies documents and plans, maintain project databases
Measurement of performance
- Sell predetermined dollar volume of roofing projects.
- Meet or exceed all listed job responsibilities.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, with 4-7 years work experience
Critical and abstract thinking skills.
High aptitude in math and language arts (writing).
Competent PC skills (Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite)
Ability to read and interpret construction documents
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Holidays, Vacation
To reply to this listing, contact Cade Elguezabal by clicking "Request More Information" and filling out the form below.