The Plant Accountant assists the Accounting Manger to ensure the Plant has appropriate processes in place to control costs and provide good, sound financial controls. Assistance related to financial controls to include monthly close process, cycle count process, raw materials and finished goods inventory process, shipping process. Work with the Accounting Manager and Plant staff to ensure financial reporting accuracy.
30% Support Accounting Manager goals and activities and Plant processes to reduce costs and improve profitability.
- Participate in Safety and Housekeeping programs as required.
- Operations involvement – work to understand plant manufacturing process and quality variables that impact the manufacturing process.
- Variance analysis forecasting and actual performance reporting to Plant and corporate management.
- Identify and resolve receiving, material usage and PPV issues.
- Work with department managers on overhead spending control.
- Assist with business analysis projects.
25% Ensure accuracy, timeliness and quality of all financial information
- Month end closing and reporting
- Preparation, tracking and reviewing of journal entries
- Account analysis and reconciliation during closing, as required
- Coordinate and/or review booking of monthly raw material cycle count
- Maintain bill of materials and routing
20% Perform and/or audit cycle count for finished goods, raw materials and store room throughout the year. Production reporting balancing, auditing and verification. Monitors and maintains hold and RMA inventory. Inter-company shipments and transfer activity auditing and review, as applicable. Assist with SMOOSI management throughout the year.
15% Provide support and assistance with annual business plan process. Assist the Accounting Manager and Plant staff to meet plan timetable. Analyze accounts and prepare schedules as requested.
10% Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Decision Making
- Facilitating Change
- Managing Conflict
- Planning and Organizing
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Understanding of key financial and operating systems: ArcPlan, Maximo, Peoplesoft, TM1, ADP E-time, Concur T&E, Dataview
- SAQ Compliance
- Knowledge of quality process
- Familiar with Accounting concepts, practices and procedures
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to drive and influence operations
- Intermediate time management skills
- Intermediate organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multiple task
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to climb a ladder and/or stairs
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Occasionally operate business machines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- 2 – 4 years cost accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- CPA, MBA, CMA preferred but not required
- Manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures preferred
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
To reply to this listing, contact Lori Graham by clicking "Request More Information" and filling out the form below.