Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), is a global leader in the building materials industry. We’ve been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.
If you love a good challenge, you’ll fit right in.
We are looking for a Plant Manager to join our team in Wylie, TX
In this role you will manage long term strategies and day to day responsibilities of the manufacturing location. Major responsibilities include plant safety, ensuring on time deliveries, product quality, cost management, shipping/receiving, and developing a strong team environment. The Plant Manager oversees all activities that take place and all products produced at the CCW Wylie location and is a champion for promoting a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages all operations activities within the plant
- Develops and implements strategies for driving safety, quality, and production
- Develop a manufacturing team to provide exceptional customer service at the lowest possible cost while maintaining a safe work environment. Specific duties include employee development/training, plant scheduling, interviewing, hiring/performance management, customer contact, root cause analysis, financial tracking, safety implementation, supplier evaluation, and process improvement.
- Implementation of Lean Manufacturing. This includes orderly housekeeping (5S), adequate inventory turns, throughput time reduction, and advanced manufacturing techniques. The Plant Manager is expected to be the “champion” of Lean Manufacturing at their facility.
- Inventory control. This involves ordering all raw materials, supplies, and finished goods. The Plant Manager is also responsible for implementation of an inventory audit procedure to ensure accurate inventories are maintained at all times.
- Creating an environment for success among supervisory and production employees. It is pertinent that the Plant Manager convey an attitude that is positive and confident. He/she must direct their staff to achieve their highest level of performance while treating them with respect and dignity.
- Maintains communication with sales & operations to ensure on time delivery
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical, or related engineering field from an accredited university is required
- Minimum of 8 years of upper level plant management experience.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to make decisions and drive key metrics
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer knowledge including MS Office and SAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective leadership through setting expectations and holding team accountable.
- Create and maintain strong trusting relationships with supporting departments, sales, and R&D.
- Chemical process manufacturing experience strongly desired
- Strong understand of Lean manufacturing.
When you join CCM, you’ll become part of a team that looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We think we’ve got something pretty special here, and our employees seem to agree.
Employees also enjoy some of these great benefits!
Time off — Hard work should be rewarded. You’ll receive paid vacation and a generous amount of paid holidays.
Healthcare — We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
Retirement Fund — Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We’ll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
Training — We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement — Ready to get the degree? We’ll pick up 90% of your tuition cost.
Idea Teams — You can be part of helping us solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next break-through innovation.
Unlimited Coffee — Caffeine fuels some of the best ideas.
To reply to this listing, contact by clicking "Request More Information" and filling out the form below.